Wednesday 21 November 2018


Where Is Your God?




My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? Psalms 42:3.

There are times you wonder whether God is with you or you're with God. It seems His promises for you were not going to happen. Your soul is heavy and cast down. This is the time we need to trust God and to know the power of God. It is in our weakness that God proves his strength.



Where is your God? 

God is before us. He sees the end from the beginning. He dwells in light- prophecies (mysteries). In Jeremiah 20:9 Jeremiah decided to quit the work of God due to persecution. 


 "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."

You need a fire in your bones to be able to withstand the pressure of darkness against your soul.  You need this experience.

I remembered an experience I had when I just began a walk with Christ. It was a camp programme for teenagers in my church. This camp programme was tagged 'Fire In My Bones'. The experience I had from this camp and especially when I got home it was powerful. I craved for the fire during the program. I really wanted to experience what the prophet experienced- Fire in my bones! I prayed earnestly for it, then I got that encounter. It was when I came home it began to intensify. The power of God was so strong on me that I could barely do anything. I tried to lie down whether it would calm down a bit, but it's still strong. It was an outcry- Jesus is seeking lost; hungry soul through me (that's how I felt). This fire is to strengthen you back to God, not to warm your body. You need it to reconcile with God. 



You need to know the power of God to be able to call on God. Elijah was a man like you and I but he knew the power of God.


  • The power of God is in the word of God. When God's spirit speaks every other thing listens.



  • The power of God is in the name of the Father, and of the Son. 

"And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word."(1 Kings 18:36).


"Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench." (1 Kings 18:38).


  • The power of God is in the authority given to you. 

God speaks to individuals. He gives rights to do and undo. Jeremiah 1:10 says,
"See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant."


God is always mindful of the righteous.





          


If you love to follow my post:








No comments:

Post a Comment